Magnifying Safety Glasses

Plas62

Active User
Registered
I had ordered these Pyramex full lens magnifying safety glasses off Amazon and got them Friday. They are great, no more drug store magnifiers or bifocal safety glasses for me.

I got the 1.5 and the 2.0. I like the 1.5's the most, enough magnification for closeup work and you can still get up and walk across the shop without falling over your feet.

Below is the link.

http://www.amazon.com/Pyramex-Safety...safety+glasses

I had ordered these Pyramex full lens magnifying safety glasses off Amazon and got them Friday. They are great, no more drug store magnifiers or bifocal safety glasses for me.

I got the 1.5 and the 2.0. I like the 1.5's the most, enough magnification for closeup work and you can still get up and walk across the shop without falling over your feet.

Below is the link.

I use some bifocals from McMaster that I've been happy with.

I'm looking for some prescription safety glasses. I wear prescription transitional lenses now. I'd like to get the same prescription for safety glasses. I haven't researched it much. Are these available at an eyeglass store?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Could someone please help me identify the maker of the pictured reading glasses. Note the two screws holding each lens on. I think the screws are a key factor in identifying the glasses. I want to get replacements, but can find any, Thank You.glasses1.JPG

glasses1.JPG

Last edited:
[. Are these available at an eyeglass store?

I get Mine at Wal-Mart
however I do remove the side sheilds

Below is the link.

I got the same ones about a week ago, best purchase I have made in a while. I agree the 1.5 are sweet for detailed work - just don't try to focus more than a couple feet away!

I'm looking for some prescription safety glasses. I wear prescription transitional lenses now. I'd like to get the same prescription for safety glasses. I haven't researched it much. Are these available at an eyeglass store?
In Australia, most optical stores have or can get safety frames and the lens makers make anything you want. However, they are really expensive.

What I do is put regular close fitting safety glasses (~$5) on first to protect my eyes, then put prescription glasses on in front and if they get hit, tuff! I used to wear prescription glasses on first and safeties on top, this protected my glasses but compromised the eye protection, which was dumb.

BTW, a great way to store safety glasses is in a tin can, screwed through the base to the shed wall. The radius of the can is smaller than the 'radius' of the glasses, so the glass surfaces cannot be scratched - try it, it sounds crazy but it works.
Cheers
Alan

Below is the link.

I had no idea these were so reasonably priced. I just ordered several! I like having a pair around no matter where I am. Thank you for the tip! :cool:

GG

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Wal-Mart has a good selection of safety glasses, with side shields, and will duplicate any prescription. I had a pair made up last spring and work well.

Back