Make your own flashlight competition

pinkpanda3310

Registered
Registered
Hello anyone and everyone. I cordially invite you to join the 8th Annual Old-Lumens Flashlight Modders and Builders Competition.

Firstly I have asked for permission to post this here. Since the competition is a not-for-profit and without agenda I've been granted permission. Big thanks to the moderators and management that looked into this for me.

For those that would rather not read my spiel - http://budgetlightforum.com/node/74117

So what's it all about? Well it started a few years ago ( roundabout 8yrs ;) ) by a fella going by the name of Old-Lumens.

Old-Lumens was a predominant member of Budget Light Forum who loved to make things, particularly flashlights and related items, with his own hands.

He went even further and encouraged others to do likewise by starting the annual Old-Lumens Contest which involves members making their own flashlight using only Hand Tools in one category or Machines in another. The competition has since expanded to include another category - Modified.

Sadly Justin (Old-Lumens) passed away in 2016, we here at BLF wish him to rest in peace and to continue to celebrate his life by hosting the yearly Old-Lumens Competition.

I feel the Machine Made category is a little under represented. So I got the bright idea to come and ask some good people with ...err... MACHINES! To be eligible for prizes you'll need to register over at BLF and present your entries their. However there is no reason you cannot also show off your project here on Hobby Machinist as well. I have been doing just that since i joined -

Here's a couple of pics of previous entries to help get the juices flowing
PbUoc3G.png

U44Ctn0.png

Needless to say if you need help with light specific items like leds, drivers, reflectors etc... then we're a friendly bunch and will gladly help out. Hope to see you have a go!

Interesting idea. I particularly like the coke can. :)

I'll give it a think, my creative side isn't as... creative... as I might like sometimes. :)

Hope you come up an idea ttabbal, but in all honesty the process of making it is where the fun is at. Both for the maker and the watchers :cheer:

Back