Making a pulley

I wouldn't mind seeing some more pictures of your little homemade sheet bender, I was planning to put one together too. Have the materials just not a clear idea of the design yet. Probably won't have fingers and will be short like around 12" to 14"
-Mark
Heres a couple of it in action its really too simple and limited to be called a goodie but it did what I wanted.
The hardest part is ensuring the axis of the hinges are on the centre of the fold axis and are dead parallel along the bar.
sheet-bender2.jpg
sheet-bender3.jpg
You cant fold those flanges in with it, ie, to make a box corner but it does from flat to 90' plus a bit more say another 20'.
I just use to two shifters to fold the metal.
This is the start of the shroud for the muller
another view of the muller looking inside,
muller3.jpg

its made from an old propane cylinder, not my design, I found it years ago on line.
What wasnt mentioned is that it does need a strong motor, the lathe motor was 3/4Hp and seems powerful enough now.

I see now, thanks. It's sort of in reverse compared to commercial units; the bendy part is in the back
Shifters- is that what you folks call Crescent wrenches down under?
-Mark

Hi Tim, a muller is like a cement mixer for mixing the sand and bentonite clay for making sand molds for metal casting.
It smears the mixture rather than turning it over like a cement mixer.
Hi Mark, yes, shifters or nut rounders, the Brits have the more accurate name - adjustable spanners

Back