Making a square mortise chisel attachment for the PM935 mill

Wow! That is the nicest mortising attachment I have ever seen. I can see how that would be nice to have that with a DRO.

Wow! That is the nicest mortising attachment I have ever seen. I can see how that would be nice to have that with a DRO.
Thank you. It was a fun project, and I finally had a real project to test out the new rotary table. I replaced my Phase II 8" rotary of 20 years with a new Vertex and the Vertex is a much nicer unit. Some close machinist friends commented "you know, you could have made this out of aluminum and never noticed a difference" to which I replied "well, maybe you wouldn't notice the difference, but I would always know I took the lazy man's shortcut and didn't challenge myself if I didn't do it in 4041". Excessive compulsive disorder you know. LOL

The nice thing is you can run it as slow as you want. I have an old Multico that will turn the bit blue if not lubricated which is not so good for a mortise and tennon joint. I can see from your sketch your getting ready to punch a lot of those.

Wonderful work David.

I find the idea of increasing the capability of an existing tool, so I don’t have the clutter of adding another tool, very satisfying.

Back