Making Mini Rotary Table T Nutz: Ammco 7" Shaper

I have seen that hacksaw attachment before. Great looking project. I think it would come in real handy.
good job on the t-nuts. You must have a rotary table project coming up??

I have seen that hacksaw attachment before. Great looking project. I think it would come in real handy.
good job on the t-nuts. You must have a rotary table project coming up??
Hi rgray,
thank you very much.
i too thought the hacksaw attachment was interesting.
i don't yet have plans for a rotary table project yet.
i was looking for a first shaper project- the t nuts were a simple and gratifying beginning.
but now that i have t nuts, i have every confidence that a project has already left its seed- i just haven't realized it yet :)

UD, about 5 years ago I went to an estate sale in San Jose. The place was filled with machinist stuff. The garage, bedrooms, front room, kitchen…everywhere! In the garage was a shaper like yours in mint condition, maybe never used. I think it was $800? It was still for sale when I left. Looking back I should have bought it. However, I did get all of the accessories that the guy bought for the shaper. The people doing the estate did not care if sold separately or not. I got the little rotary table, indexer thing and something else that I can’t recall. Anyway, was like 20 bucks each. I.e. on other stuff I got: new 6” Kurt vise $100. I made several trips to my truck! Looks like you are having big fun with your shaper!!! I’m jealous!!!...Dave

Thank you Dave, i'm having a blast with the lil machine!
Wow Chips, you should be kickin' yourself for missing out on the shaper :grin:
but on the bright side, the worth of attachments alone are in excess of $1000
sometimes people just don't know what they have, i'm happy that you were able to find a honey hole!
they pop up now and then, if you look for em'

UD, don’t know about your garage/shop free space. Especially after getting that mill and shaper! I have got pile problems. A pile here, a pile there! Shop is VERY crowded with piles! But, I was actually able to put hands on that stuff I just told you about! If you saw my shop you would have said it was a miracle to find anything in it let alone something buried 5 years ago in my shop! And yeah, I know, it won’t be the last time that I will be kicking myself. I walked away from a Baldor cast iron pedestal for a grinder for $100 the other day. It was welded on the top to hold a belt grinder (instead of bolted). The welding on it turned me off. Looking back now, I’m kicking myself once again…Dave.
attachments.JPG

Last edited:
very nice attachments Chips, beautifully preserved :drool:
the bad welds can always be scarfed off and done up better ;)

i have 10lbs of shinola packed into a 5lb bag too, i feel your pain Chips!

Back