Making Turners Cube ear rings for my honey.

Jim try again with the pictures.

David

So Jim, has she modelled them for you yet?? I am just curious about how heavy they might seem to her when hanging from her ears. Granted, they are aluminum, and relatively light weight, but they might just seem heavy to her. Other than that I think they are great!

Terry
She told me she has some that are weigh more then these. Next I am going to make her a set that are round on the outside with a free floating square on the inside. If I can figure out how to hold them while I turn the OD round. I do this kind of art work just to keep my old mind working. Most times it takes longer to think it out than to machine the parts.
Jimsehr

I know exactly what you mean, Jim. Glad to hear that they turned out good and light. When you say that you are going to make a set that are round on the outside, you mean that they will be spheres, correct? That might be a little tough, but you might have to make some sort of expanding mandrel that will hold them by a hole.

I have used a ID collet to turn a Sphere but that tends to end up cutting away the ID collet . So I think I will have to turn the ball in two operations. Planning a part like this is what keeps your mind working.
Jimsehr

Back