[4]

Makino vmc fnc74

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

jonathan.cher1989

Registered
Hi all. I am currently comparing few vertical milling cnc.

Makino fnc74 a20. 6k usd
Rf45 and do a cnc conversion 3k usd
Chinese rf45 cnc .3.5k usd

All the rf45 machines are the same in specs but just thinking about paying 3k more i can get a vmc.

Is a old makino a better machine to go instead rf45 ?

I will be cutting aluminium blocks for auto parts. And carbon fibre . But fine finishing is important. I am a robotics engineer but have no experience in very old vmc like fnc74.

Background on the makino fnc74. Its 1986++. 20 atc . From a demo video it seems to be working fine changing tools spindle moving and xyz movement.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
Staff member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
I've run many Makinos in the past both vmc's and hmc's . They were work horses . Our large manufacturing plant moved out to Nebraska 3 years ago and left behind was our big VMC's , both Makinos and Supermaxs . I could have gotten the Makino for free but the riggers wanted 16K to move it and I had no-where to put it . I think they ended up scrapping it . Answering your question , the Fanucs were easy to program , and the machine would run 4" carbide insert drills thru inconel 24 hrs a day with no problem .

I've run many Makinos in the past both vmc's and hmc's . They were work horses . Our large manufacturing plant moved out to Nebraska 3 years ago and left behind was our big VMC's , both Makinos and Supermaxs . I could have gotten the Makino for free but the riggers wanted 16K to move it and I had no-where to put it . I think they ended up scrapping it . Answering your question , the Fanucs were easy to program , and the machine would run 4" carbide insert drills thru inconel 24 hrs a day with no problem .
Hey mmcmdl,

Thanks for sharing your experience. The shipping of makino will be included in the price.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

middle.road

Actively Learning...
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Our large manufacturing plant moved out to Nebraska 3 years ago and left behind was our big VMC's , both Makinos and Supermaxs . I could have gotten the Makino for free but the riggers wanted 16K to move it and I had no-where to put it . I think they ended up scrapping it .
Lordy, how large were the Makinos? 16K to move?!

[6]
[5] [7]