Man I can’t win for losing!

The black one 200uF, 220V looks like the start cap.
Replace that one and you should be good to go.
Mark

test them. do you have either an ohm meter or meter with cap tester?

I'm only saying this because of you stating you have no knowledge of these motors and with mine being very close to the same I will pass on a warning.....Be very careful to not touch the caps terminals until you short them out and make sure they are totally discharged. I'm told they act as fast discharge batteries that can hold and let loose enough power to stop your heart and feel much like a taser gun hit.

I'm only saying this because of you stating you have no knowledge of these motors and with mine being very close to the same I will pass on a warning.....Be very careful to not touch the caps terminals until you short them out and make sure they are totally discharged. I'm told they act as fast discharge batteries that can hold and let loose enough power to stop your heart and feel much like a taser gun hit.

hahahahaha
well, it won't be charged just sitting there
pretending it was charged(which it won't be) it might hurt your elbow when you jerked back and hit something

Well no body has the caps for this POS chinese motor, in Colorado Springs including Grainger. So I think think it will be a 2 hp Baldor 3ph and a vfd. then I can build the belt drive for it. I hate having to fix equipment.
Thanks for your help guys.
CH

Well no body has the caps for this POS chinese motor, in Colorado Springs including Grainger. So I think think it will be a 2 hp Baldor 3ph and a vfd. then I can build the belt drive for it. I hate having to fix equipment.
Thanks for your help guys.
CH

Just because a cap failed & no one has the caps in stock in your area, doesn't necessarily make it a "POS chinese motor". Not sure if you are having other problems with it though. Caps fail, even on Baldors. Just saying. ;)

A 3ph vfd conversion will probably serve you best but give Matt a call, he'll take care of you and get you up & running in the meantime. If you would like to try to get it running sooner, see if you have any electric motor repair shops around you.

hahahahaha
well, it won't be charged just sitting there
pretending it was charged(which it won't be) it might hurt your elbow when you jerked back and hit something
Thanks for the warning about them being charged they were soildered in so I just cut them out with a pair insulated cuters. The white one arced with good snap. I know about cap and motors had to replace the cap in the water well pump last year. Got zaped good then.
Thanks any way.

Just because no one has the caps in stock in area area & a cap blew, doesn't necessarily make it a "POS chinese motor". Not sure if you are having ither problems with it though. Caps fail, even on Baldors. Just saying. ;)

A 3ph vfd conversion will probably serve you best but give Matt a call, he'll take care of you and get you up & running in the meantime.

I did he offered to send more of the wang chow caps. I don’t know if it is still in warranty or note and I’ll be damned if I’m paying for more chinese junk electronics. Theses caps did not have more than 10 hrs on them. I just started using the machine this spring (April & May) he said he could not find a shipping date with my name. So not a problem. I’ll just fix it get on with my projects.
Thanks
CH

Well no body has the caps for this POS chinese motor,
CH

When I googled "250uF 220V capacitor"
I got lots of hits with things looking like the one bad one you have now.

Also note:: it is often the case where getting a higher voltage A/C capacitor will mean it works for a longer time before crapping out.

Final note: are you sure the start capacitor <rotary> switch is not the thing that crapped out?

OK, I'll jump in here, also.
A few months ago, I started getting ready to think about a 3-phase/VFD mod for my 932.
I already have a VFD, so a motor & some assorted stuff seemed like all that was necessary.
First thing I did was to remove the existing motor and do some measuring and create a napkin sketch.
After doing that, I contacted Electric Motor Wholesale near me in Delaware. (Good People, and Good Prices).
I decided on a 2 HP metric motor. I cannot remember the name of the salesman (Paul, I think). We went through several motors, & he told me that nothing bigger than 1 HP had the shaft size that was on the existing motor. WTF,??????
(I'm going from memory, now.) I think that the existing motor has a 19mm shaft, and every 1.5, 2, & 3 HP in the catalogs have 24mm shafts.
This obviously creates a problem. His best idea was to purchase the motor that I wanted and disassemble it & turn the end of the shaft down and re-cut the keyway. I did not do anything, yet. 3-phase motors are supposedly very simple and do not employ the centrifugal switch as in single phase motors. I DO NOT KNOW!! Since I have a lathe, it would seem to be a relatively simple procedure, except that it just hurts to even think about butchering a new $260 motor.
Here is a link to a 1.5 HP motor that I believe fits.
http://www.electricmotorwholesale.com/LEESON-192065/
Here is a link to a 2,0 HP motor.
http://www.electricmotorwholesale.com/LEESON-192206/

After opening either of the links, look for the "files" button (near the left center) and open it. Then open the "motor drawing". That gives all the dimensions.

Best to you
Jerry in Delaware

Back