Manual Z axis feature, where is Fignoggle!?

pete123

Registered
Registered
I am converting my HF to a cnc, and need to keep to z-axis operation available. Most CNC kits replace the rack and pinion completely with the z-axis lead screw, but I need to be able to drill quick holes. Originally I was designing my machine to disengage the lead screw somehow, but then I came across Fignoggle plans which seem to keep the z-axis lead screw engaged, does the manual operation of the lead screw using the rack work well to overcome the friction of the lead screw nut being pulled down? (with the assumption the motor is off during this operation)

I would like to buy the plans from fignoggle, but he is not responding to my email and his paypal link is not working, people want to send you free money man!

Not to mention the email on his website is " david at/at fignoggle dot/dot com. "

Which I am assuming is just incorrect formatting ??

Thanks,
Pete

Oh, no no I know, I think I have the address right (the forum would not let me use the "@", thinking its spam?) The email went through, just no response :/

I saw this in a few places, seems like a great idea, but a bit concerned about the backlash. Anybody have any experience with this design?ec35d1b349d2c684ee5d15f96590b034_preview_featured.jpg

Back