Manufacture date

Brento

Registered
Registered
Was it this group that i saw place where you could look up your mill serial numbers and see when the mill was made?

The Mill is a 8530 and the serial number is 010075

What I'm saying is that neither the manufacturer nor the machine is listed in my serial number book.

None of the serial number versus year, model number, production, etc compilations seem to show Clausing, Atlas, Logan (although Logan at least didn't destroy their records) or Wards. Whether this is the fault of snobbery or some other reason is not known.

Was it this group that i saw place where you could look up your mill serial numbers and see when the mill was made?
I was able to call Clausing and give them the serial numbers of both my 8520 mill (1963) and my 16SC drill press (1961) and they were able to give me the year of manufacture. I don't have the phone number but you can google it. They also emailed me the appropriate parts list for the drill press. The parts list for the mill is available at Vintage Machinery if you don't already have it.

I found a parts list from there thank you. Did they charge you or anything to get the year?

Back