Map?

astjp2

Active User
Registered
I mentioned to one of the mods that we should put up a national/world map that makes in easier to find someone that is local to someone who is looking for a mentor, what ever happened to this? Tim

Do you mean something like the member map? We have always had this feature or were you thinking of something different?

We do have such a map, but it requires that each member make his own mark on the map. Some members did, but many did not.

When we got hacked several months ago, the whole map was lost, and it was reposted, but everyone had to go and post his location again. So, not all members will be listed.

There is a search tool in the member list where you can search for members that live in your state or city.

It would be like the member map but is focused on mentoring/events. Different colors for who is looking for CNC help, vs basic milling or turning...and special events like scraping classes could be posted on the map making it visual for people to match up. Just an idea. TIm

I see, not sure if those features would even be possible with our member map or if they have a map mod that would allow it. Nelson would have to be the one to look into it & see if a mod like that is available for purchase. I would think that if it was, members would have to participate in adding those details. Like Terry stated, our current member map doesn't have much of our members' participation.

Hello, I teach mapping and can make online maps that can be accessed through a link to a free online mapping service. Members can be mapped so that only their city, county, or region in a state is shown to protect privacy.
David

There is a search tool in the member list where you can search for members that live in your state or city.

Can you tell any more information about this search tool? I went to the member list, but I can't figure out any way to search by location.

Can you tell any more information about this search tool? I went to the member list, but I can't figure out any way to search by location.

For Members>Member List> Search Members (on far right of list)

Back