[4]

Marburg Brothers Die Filer

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

RandyM

H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
Staff member
Well, as luck would have it I just bought a Marburg Brothers die filer this last weekend off of Craig's List. It did come with four files Three of which have never been used. :encourage: I have pressure washed it clean, oiled the two work tables and it runs very nicely. It will need a good resto and new drive belt.

I would like to find a manual for it, but that is becoming an endless pursuit so far.

Here is the unusual thing about it, it has two work tables stacked on top of each other. The upper portion is for the standard files. The lower portion looks like it is meant to hold a special tool.

Now before you ask, yes, I will post pics a little latter when I get a chance. I am wondering if anyone can help me out with this. Thanks.

chips&more

Active User
Registered
Wow, very, very NICE! That's a keeper! My die filer is not as fancy as yours. When you start to use it, I’ll bet you will wonder how you got along without one…Dave

Silverbullet

Gold
Registered
With the right setup I bet slotting will work or even gear teeth??

FOMOGO

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
I bet it will look as good as the one in the pic when your done. Great score. Mike

RandyM

Staff member
I bet it will look as good as the one in the pic when your done. Great score. Mike
Thanks Mike, that is the plan.

Now I just need to decide what I need for files and where to buy them.

Silverbullet

Gold
Registered
Thanks Mike, that is the plan.

Now I just need to decide what I need for files and where to buy them.
There was a guy selling them in a dozen box cheap ill try to find him on eBay. Round but the price was like $12.00 found him a dozen is $16.00 +4 ship type in die files he was on top .

Last edited:

brino

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
Randy,

Congratulations, that is one cool looking machine!
I have never seen the dual table.

So on the lower table the file comes down from above right?
Any luck on a manual?

-brino

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
I used to have a great need for one of those. No longer. When I was building model airplanes I fabricated lots of things. I did it with a file by hand. I have been impressed with how a die filer works. The one in your link was beautiful. Having some files you are all ready ahead of the game as I hear that's the hardest part is locating files.

Eddyde

Bronze
Registered
There was a guy selling them in a dozen box cheap ill try to find him on eBay. Round but the price was like $12.00 found him a dozen is $16.00 +4 ship type in die files he was on top .
Be advised: I bought that same eBay set for my die filer, they are cut the wrong way, push stroke, like a regular file. for a die filer you need them to cut on the pull stroke. Perhaps they would work for the lower table of the machine?

RandyM

Staff member
Randy,

Congratulations, that is one cool looking machine!
I have never seen the dual table.

So on the lower table the file comes down from above right?
Any luck on a manual?

-brino
Brino,

The file holder has separate attachment places to hold the files for the top and bottom work tables. The upper table actually can be flipped up out of the way when you want to use the lower table. I will get you pics of the set up.

And no, I have not had any luck on finding a manual. I think that search is a dead end. There is just not a lot of info on this manufacturer on the web. I was lucky to find the link that I posted.

RandyM

Staff member
Thanks SB, I have searched ebay and am approaching that avenue cautiously. I have also found this place.

http://www.warrensvillefile.com/index.php/machine-files-parallel.html

I was able to access Falcon Tool website prior to today. They had the parallel machine files also, but I am now getting an error on that site.

And then there are these.

http://www.fedfile.com/parallel.htm

http://www.msdiscount.com/columnar.aspx?cat_id=5958&category_site=WTL

And then, I did find this informative blog dated 2004.

https://www.polytechforum.com/metalworking/source-for-parallel-machine-files-progress-361772-.htm

RandyM

Staff member
Well as promised. Here are the pictures before the pressure washing. I supposedly have files on the way.

DSC03028.JPG DSC03029.JPG DSC03030.JPG DSC03031.JPG DSC03032.JPG DSC03033.JPG DSC03034.JPG DSC03035.JPG

Silverbullet

Gold
Registered
I'll be dang , that head looks like a heavy duty sewing machine head with the same type set up. Gives me an idea if I can find a big old machine.

RandyM

Staff member
I'll be dang , that head looks like a heavy duty sewing machine head with the same type set up. Gives me an idea if I can find a big old machine.
I don't see why that wouldn't work. It has the same output motion. And, even if it isn't real heavy duty, you can get really small and short files.

[6]
[5] [7]