Mark Frasier...........the respected stranger

Suzuki4evr

Registered
Registered
Hi guys.I just want to tell you something about the caractor of the man called Mark Frasier and I hope he doesn't get mad at me for post a private conversation between him and me,forgive me Mark. Nobody has to respond to this and I am not seeking attention or anything, I am posting this just to tell you something about him you might not know, because it was a conversation between Mark and me.

I met Mark a few months ago on this site, when I was building a toolpost grinder based on the one Mark built. That is also when I joined H-M. My point in telling you this is that we don't know each other that well. We communicated a few times during the build of the TPG.

What I am getting at is this. A month or so ago I posted a thread about dividing head vs rotary table. During this conversation, Mark joined in and said he has a dividing head and I must PM him if I am interested and I did.

He told me about the dividing head he got and the thread he posted about how he refurbished it. I looked it up and it looked stunning and now I was even more interested. Here is the punchline, kicker, call it what you want, I call it as it is,.....what a great guy. He offered to GIVE it to me and not asking a cent for it. Now I don't know about you guys, but you don't see this everyday. I mean he doesn't know me at all but was still willing to give something of his to some stranger. And it is not something cheap at all ontop of that. At the end of the day it could not be done because of the distance issue. The shipping cost was just to much to ship from the US to South Africa. I am still sad about that,but there is nothing I can do about it. But I will never forget his generosity.

The main thing is he was willing to give a possession of his to a total stranger and he made all the effort to find out about shipping costs and all that. This all happened shortly after he fell and injured himself. What a great guy.

So Mark if you are reading this,I just want to say, I think you are a good man and I have a lot of respect and admirasion for you and I pray to God that He will heal you and take away all your pain and troubles you are having with your health so you can get back to your shop doing what you love and enjoy,so we at H-M can learn from you. I know we are worlds appart,but you have a friend in me. Good luck to you and I wish you all the best. Keep fighting.

Thanks for reading.

Michael.

Michael,

Heavens no, I am not upset in any way that you said this. Actually, I am flattered. I have always tried to help people in this way and I do it annonomously when possible as I do it for my own satisfaction, not any attention. I am only sorry that the shipping problem kept me from helping you, but I am always available if I be be of help to you.

Be well my friend,
Mark

Back