Martini machined on mini lathe

Les B

Active User
Registered
Here is a Martini that was barreled with a 7X12 lathe and the base was milled with a mini mill. It is not the machines as much as the person doing the work. I thought some of you would like to see this 204.

P1020043_1_.JPG

P1020043_1_.JPG

What model is this based upon?

A friend has one in 22 KHornet and I am trying to get it into my hands. It is very accurate. Love shooting it. I am not sure at the moment what model number it is.

Look for either a Mod. 12 or 15 to convert as it is a heavy side wall action. The cadet 310 action is too light for my type of rifle, but make a nice little rifle to carry around.

Les

Thanks. I hope to see more in the future.

That's a beautiful rifle. Martini's used to be abundant. I would love to build a K-Hornet on one. Do you know where there are any actions?

That's a beautiful rifle. Martini's used to be abundant. I would love to build a K-Hornet on one. Do you know where there are any actions?

Here is a couple of sites you can try for an action. Adams Guns in
Albuquerque, NM or Appletons in W.V. John Appleton died a couple of yrs ago and I see that the store is open on weekends. Look over at www.rimfirecentral.com and go to the Martini forum. This action which I used was bought from John about 5 yrs ago and was $250 at that time.

For some reason that bean-shaped Martini action *ought* to look clumsy and awkward, but it doesn't. That's one fine lookin' shootin' iron!

Great job! what mini lathe did you use, looking for one myself. Thanks for the post and picture.:drool:

Great job! what mini lathe did you use, looking for one myself. Thanks for the post and picture.

Look at the attachment for Downloading at the top of forums under Plans and Drawings. You will find an article on Barrel fitting with a mini lathe. This sould help, but I will try to answer as soon as I get over cataract surgery in a couple of weeks.

Les Brooks

Back