Marvel 612 Horizontal Band Saw Cutting Issue

Awesome, thank you.
I purchased 2 blades from mc master Carr. I'm not sure why. If you had to choose between the 8-12 anti vibration long life 3/4 or the 10-14?
My usage? Aluminum 1x2, round cold rolled stock 1/2 to 2.5", brass stock etc.
Which would you consider to be a multi use blade. I'm not in a hurry.

either would work - it would depend on your downfeed rate and preferred way to use it... I personally use very slow downfeed, so I get to use coarser blades for general use...

My Saw is up and running. Wierd thing is, I noticed the old Marvel 612 has to be finessed. The blade kept sliding down the spools and rubbing on the housing.
I replaced the blade from McMaster Carr, they sold me Starret blades.
By changing blades the track improved?
I don’t get it. No more tracking issues, I tightened the blade and adjusted the new guide bearings, works and cuts great!!!
The new vise mount is installed and working perfectly. The old screw and vise jaw mount were stripped beyond redemption. 3/4 left hand threads. It never occured to me the threads were left handed until you think about tightening the jaw clockwise, it would pull away if not LH thread.

IMG_0391[1].JPG

IMG_0392[1].JPG

IMG_0390[1].JPG

Last edited:
I use my 14 tooth blade the most, followed by the 24 tooth for thin stock.
Those two pretty much cover 95% of what I do
Mark

My Saw is up and running. Wierd thing is, I noticed the old Marvel 612 has to be finessed. The blade kept sliding down the spools and rubbing on the housing.
I replaced the blade from McMaster Carr, they sold me Starret blades.
By changing blades the track improved?
I don’t get it. No more tracking issues, I tightened the blade and adjusted the new guide bearings, works and cuts great!!!
The new vise mount is installed and working perfectly. The old screw and vise jaw mount were stripped beyond redemption. 3/4 left hand threads. It never occured to me the threads were left handed until you think about tightening the jaw clockwise, it would pull away if not LH thread.

I was going to suggest you change the blade ,but it looks like you did that already and the saw now cuts straight again, in hobby environment we don't often notice the gradual decline of the blade's performance, but changing it does solve many problems like tracking, cutting issues.
I'm glad you worked it out.

Back