Marvel 612

tertiaryjim

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Went to purchase a couple of micrometers and ended up with a 700 lb load.
IMG_9807 - Copy.JPG

The saw needs a new power cord and the motor needs new bearings. It has the optional coolant system, a feed control, and the owners manual. Made by Armstrong & Blum MFG. CO. in (I think) the early 70s.

Also a 18" x 24" surface plate with stand. Guaranteed to an overall accuracy of Plus /Minus 000075" in 1986 .
Left out the decimal point as the certificate is unclear.It is mounted on three point pads. Some minor scratches which can be seen with the light just rite but not felt. No other damage.
Two older Mitutoyo mics, 4" to 5" and 5" to 6" . They look brand new. No ratchet or friction thimble on these but I like that.
IMG_9804 - Copy.JPG

Thanks Ulma Dr.
Had to cut some 4 & 6"wide x 1/4" plate today but spent about 2 hrs. cleaning it up before use.
The poor thing is so gunked up I'll eventually have to do a complete dis-assembly.

I am waking up this thread from years back.
I bought a Marvel 612 in the spring of 2018. I looked at it, paid the guy and said I would be back later today.
I went back to work, grabbed a coworker and drove back to my saw.
I backed up the truck, said, OK on 3 let's lift it into the truck, 1-2-3-nothing. We couldn't budge it.
700lbs. Is that what these things weigh?
We ended up looking around and found a crescent wrench. Took it apart as best as we could to get the thing home.
Holy cow that thing was heavy.

Back