Massey Harris 3-point

Joncooey

Registered
Registered
Slow this time of year; plus I just picked up a snow blower for the Massey, so now I need to fabricate a three point hitch. (Cart before the horse, eh?) Mine was a basic unit and '51 Massey Harris hydraulic parts are kinda' rare around here so I had to use a straight ruler to scale up a design from a photograph. Still need two hydraulic lines (trip to the city), but I think the design will work; plus, that's a 4 inch cylinder with a 2 inch bore... should lift a snowblower. Now watch, it won't snow for the rest of the winter.
masseyhitch7.jpg

masseyhitch.jpg

masseyhitch2.jpg

masseyhitch3.jpg

masseyhitch4.jpg

masseyhitch5.jpg

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Well done! I like it. Now you are going to find more things to hook it to than just a snow blower. :encourage:

Heck of a job there Joncooey. Looks plenty beefy for anything you would want to attach to that tractor.

And you can have all of our snow!

Slow this time of year; plus I just picked up a snow blower for the Massey, so now I need to fabricate a three point hitch. (Cart before the horse, eh?) Mine was a basic unit and '51 Massey Harris hydraulic parts are kinda' rare around here so I had to use a straight ruler to scale up a design from a photograph. Still need two hydraulic lines (trip to the city), but I think the design will work; plus, that's a 4 inch cylinder with a 2 inch bore... should lift a snowblower. Now watch, it won't snow for the rest of the winter.
/QUOTE]

What are dem dar chains for? Oh yeah! now I remember! gives traction in snow. The white fluffy stuff that's is technically the toughest thing for a hunk of machinery to handle (beside slag in a steel mill...)
I will always remember the sound when one of the cross links would break loose and slam against a fender...

That's right it won't snow enough enough to warrant firing it up. But wait 'til next year! When that blizzard hits you can blow it away.
When my Pa bought a Jeep® in Sept. 1970 after a 3' snowfall, when we lived in Colorado - it didn't snow for the next couple of months.
And the heat in that beautiful ol' buggy was pitiful.

So coming back after dinner.
What's the difference between a Massey Harris and a Massey Ferguson?

Back