Material in DFW, Texas

I will be in the Dallas Fort Worth area next week. Do you know of a place I can buy "drops" of material ?

Aluminum, mild steel, cast-iron, hard plastic and stainless?

Square, round, or flat stock anything that is less than 3 feet long or 4 inches thick would be considered.

I'm trying to build up my stash of raw material but as you know shipping is a deal killer. So since I will be in the big city with time to kill I thought I’d try to load up on material while I’m there

Comments

CDC Products on Beltline in Richardson. A veritable treasure trove of ‘stuff’ from misc raw stock to tooling. Closed on Sunday/Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh yes Metal Supermarkets. I buy from them in emergencies only; pretty high prices.
There’s a small scrapyard in Plano on Avenue K I believe. Not sure what their policy on ‘rummaging’ is though. Several big yards in Dallas, but I’d imagine them less than friendly to dig around in. But may be worth a shot.

Good find. I haven’t heard of them.
I can look through my shorts barrels Monday and see what I have.

This is a good thread. I'd like to know if anyone has any leads in Omaha, NE?

This might be a good sticky subject. Would be helpful to many of us I'd think.

Didn't mean to de rail the OP's thread.

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock