Material Pricing - UGH!

Guys,
A 3.5" diameter X 24" long is $112 from stockcar steel.
I bought the same material from online metals at $278.

(6061 aluminum round bar stock)

You bet I'll check out stock car steel!!
please go easy on them... leave some for me. ;)

Guys,
A 3.5" diameter X 24" long is $112 from stockcar steel.
I bought the same material from online metals at $278.

(6061 aluminum round bar stock)

You bet I'll check out stock car steel!!
How's their shipping costs? For some places, that's how they make their money back.

very reasonable. That's what shocked me. And they don't wait for you to hand them a credit card to tell you how much shipping is.

Give these guys a look: https://stockcarsteel.com/
They were way more reasonable than every other metal supplier, way cheaper than my local guy, so much so that even with shipping I was saving a bundle.

They do have good stock pricing but if only they would have a USPS flat rate box shipping option I could use them. Fedex and UPS shipping for a 1 ft piece of 1018 3.5 dia is almost 90 bucks!

They do have good stock pricing but if only they would have a USPS flat rate box shipping option I could use them. Fedex and UPS shipping for a 1 ft piece of 1018 3.5 dia is almost 90 bucks!
yea, I wonder if you and Aukai can get together on an order and have it shipped to the west coast and have it delivered to the freight handler.

yea, I wonder if you and Aukai can get together on an order and have it shipped to the west coast and have it delivered to the freight handler.
I usually just stick with smaller ebay resellers that ship in the flat rate box. I am not running a business so my needs are usually non-critical.

Gosh you guys are scaring me! I haven't needed any metal, or wood that I didn't already have hoarded back in over two years! Stop being so darned productive! You're influencing the markets!! I'm gonna run out eventually and you're all gonna hear about it if I can't pay scrap prices for scrap steel anymore! Lol

Some perspective..... About 2 1/2 years back I was trying to "unload" +/- 50# of 2024 round bar in the local Craigslist. Forgot exactly, but I think I asked for around $200. No takers!

Back