[Source] Material sourcing

Your valve looks like a damper shim, as in shock absorbers. Shims and belville washers are spring steel. McMaster sells both, IIRC. Might be worth picking a size and a thickness and ordering it off the shelf.

Your valve looks like a damper shim, as in shock absorbers. Shims and belville washers are spring steel. McMaster sells both, IIRC. Might be worth picking a size and a thickness and ordering it off the shelf.
I’ve looked at McMaster they had the conical springs. They have a mil spec stainless washer that is .021-.025 thick and I’d have to bore the ID. I might try that or just go with a sheet shim stock pack that they sell. I can always use some stock on hand so I’m leaning toward that but it will obviously be alittle more work.
I only need four of these discs do I try punching or just machine them? I’d have to make punches and such but do have a press. Machining I’d have to make arbors to hold material.

Hmmm. As compressor head valves, these shim washers are going to see severe duty conditions. The cycle time, rate, and duration is high. You will want an alloy steel for this. The reason I suggested damper shim stack washers is that is the duty they are designed for, in addition to being available in sizes and thicknesses to accommodate. You might have to Google around for damper shims, but they are cheap, they come in assortments, and they won't crack after hours of flexing in the manner that those valves do.

A local compressor shop should be able to match up that valve assembly.

Back