Matt offered me a 3ph motor Now wiring the VFD?

I have desided to go with a new 3ph upgrade from Matt. The caps didn’t work so mat thinks the centrifical switch is dead. Now while I was researching 3ph conversion, I saw a post on wiring the PM932 forword, stop reverse switch, and E-stop so as not to release the smoke out of the new parts, being the dummy I am, I didn’t mark it for reference. Now I can’t seem to find it again. Most likely I’ll be using a WJ200 VFD.
Thanks
CH

Reactions: HMF
Hey Tom, I was responding the the OPs use of a resister on his mill which is still a gear head. Maybe I missed it but I didn't think he was converting it to a belt drive? My one-of-a-kind PM-932HD drill press is still a gear head so I was referring to that. I'm interested to see if the 3hp 3 phase motor is a direct bolt on.

Got it. Sorry for any confusion I caused.

Ok, the WJ200-0015SF arrived today yea looking forward to getting the mill up and running. The motor from mat I assume the is on the way have not seen ant info on the shipping. I sent payment last weekend. Figure it will be here end of the week maybe first of next week. I have some of the instalion items, still waiting on control shielded cable and shielded motor cable. I have 10awg 4 conductor/G already run from the breaker box about 6 ft away I can use as the VFD power. I was really surprised how light and small the VFD is. I was thinking way to big for the wall box for the VFD. I'm trying to read that little boo they sent, but damn my eyes are't as good as they used to be so I printed the PDF file so I could read and see the figures good enough to tell what is what.
CH

Thanks, for the link Mark. I all ready ordered the other one I posted above. Looks like they are about the same, I looked at the recomended braking resistor for the Model 15 SF and it was from 50 ohms to about 150 ohm form 150%-50% braking torque. If you going to ridged tap you need fast control of the spindle. So I optitid for the 50ohm and 150% braking torque. It also fits my enclosure better than the audio load.
CH

Great news I got the motor today from Matt, (thanks Mat.) I plan to start wiring the mill for the VFD, this weekend. Mat and QMT are top notch with customer service. I could not be happier to have the 3 ph and vfd. Now all i need is to figure out how to not fry every thing in the process.
CH

Back