Maximat Compact - gear needed

cederholm

Active User
Registered
Hi all,

I have a Maximat Compact, pretty sure it's the same as the Maximat Standard shown here.

It has a plastic gear that is attached to the forward/backward lever and drives the auto feed gearbox. ...well mine has broke. Any idea where to get one? Any leads would be helpful, or if there is a gear-cutter looking for a project.

Thanks,
Carl

Hi Carl, you might check with Al Meekins at www.gearsmade.com and see how much it would cost to duplicate it
He apparently can make a wide variety of gears using the original broken one as a sample
Mark

If you can spend 5 min on the computer and have a part ready in 30min(unattended) for $1.00 in materials it would be silly to order. Solid plastic or metal stock is a lot more pricey.

I would replace it with brass or aluminum myself- can't 3D print those yet

It's a cunning plan but Emco use plastic for a reason, if you replace it with brass or aluminium the forces which would normally cause it to fail will be exerted elsewhere, usually at greater monetary cost to repair ;-)

Interesting. I was thinking bass myself, but you're right that they made plastic for a reason. Given that fact the part was designed as the "week link" I would have thought it would have been easier to find a replacement gear.

~ Carl

It's a cunning plan but Emco use plastic for a reason, if you replace it with brass or aluminium the forces which would normally cause it to fail will be exerted elsewhere, usually at greater monetary cost to repair ;-)

That would assume I have a $1,000+ printer and the knowledge to use it. Have you printed machine gears before? I was very surprised to discover this was plastic meshed up will all steel gears. As noted in the other post I think it was designed as a safety.

~ Carl

If you can spend 5 min on the computer and have a part ready in 30min(unattended) for $1.00 in materials it would be silly to order. Solid plastic or metal stock is a lot more pricey.

Back