Maxnovo Tam 18 x 40 inch Lathe restoration project

Hello Again!
After a looong summer with work outside, I have finally started on my lathe project again. This thread will probably take ages to complete, but hang in there. it will be finnished at some point.

What I have been able to do now is to refurbish and install the threading/feeding gearbox and the "add-on" to that witch containes the start stop button and the handle to shift between the threaded bar and the slotted feeding bar. I do not know the names on them in english, but you probably know what I mean.
IMG_0746.JPG

She's really looking good Moddy. Merry Christmas, Mike

Looks good man, it also looks like your missing some screws from the back of the chuck adapter. Big heavy chuck like that I'd want all 6 bolts installed.
The grinding that was done on the ways near the headstock I would think was done to add some clearance for the chuck jaws so they could hold onto something that was bigger than the rated capacity of the chuck, to make it look nicer I would mount a grinder to the carriage and regrind those areas to at least make them straight, so they don't make the lathe look botched.

Very nice job indeed, I really enjoy seeing old iron resurrected.

Great looking lathe and restauration!!

Its allways nice to se old iron return to its former glory!

You should join verktøymaskinklubben on Facebook aswell. There you will find many local machine entusiasts. Among them is Edvin wold and Jan Sverre Haugjord. They are very good at scraping and restoring and could offer you some tips on the prossess.

Best regards Ola

Back