MAYBE JB???

AFTER I SENT INFO AND A PIC HERES REPLY FROM GRIZZLY>>>>>>>>>>>>>We are unable to determine if our parts would fit your needs as we have no cross-references to other manufacturers’ machines or CAD drawings for each replacement part. While we are flattered that many other manufacturers refer their customers to Grizzly for parts, our goal is to try and have a ready supply for Grizzly brand machines. We also cannot measure parts to see if they will fit other brands. A 10% restocking fee may apply for returned parts.
Tell you what…. I will order one as a spare for mine… I can take photos and measurements, heck, I will even do a test fit to double check…

Let me place the order.

EDIT: Order placed. Will report back once it arrives.

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 6.09.19 PM.png

Last edited:
@wachuko is the man! In the face of no data to go by, he's willing to whip twennyfivebux from his billfold to get to the bottom of a simple question: Do they really all come from the same factory in China? Well, I doubt it, but the factories definitely are provided with the same set of design prints for their products. I personally think the name "Grizzly" appears in the lower corner of said prints, or at least it was and has since been covered up with chicom government cartouches.

@wachuko is the man! In the face of no data to go by, he's willing to whip twennyfivebux from his billfold to get to the bottom of a simple question: Do they really all come from the same factory in China? Well, I doubt it, but the factories definitely are provided with the same set of design prints for their products. I personally think the name "Grizzly" appears in the lower corner of said prints, or at least it was and has since been covered up with chicom government cartouches.
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!!

Tell you what…. I will order one as a spare for mine… I can take photos and measurements, heck, I will even do a test fit to double check…

Let me place the order.

EDIT: Order placed. Will report back once it arrives.

View attachment 421788
YES LMK and will send ya some $$$ :encourage:

No need to send anything... :p. I like to have spares for the most common issues/parts that could go bad or break.

Figured I would have a spare for that part. If it all works out for me then you can safely order the part for fixing yours. :encourage:

No need to send anything... :p. I like to have spares for the most common issues/parts that could go bad or break.

Figured I would have a spare for that part. If it all works out for me then you can safely order the part for fixing yours. :encourage:
so r u saying youll be sending the part or you know where I can get one "for sure?

The guy that came up with pot metal has got to be toasting his toes in heck. That stuff drives me up a wall, especially on old vehicle parts. When it starts corroding/self reacting there's no way to fix it. ugg... "Hey, lets sweep everything off the floor and cast it into stuff!"

so r u saying youll be sending the part or you know where I can get one "for sure?
What I understood was that you tried to get confirmation from Grizzly that the part would work but could not get them to provide more information than what was on their website.

What I am doing is ordering the part from Grizzly (order placed). I will compare it to the one on my lathe. Remove the old one, check fitment of the new one. I will share photos along the way so you can rest assure that it fits.

The whole effort is so that you can directly order the part from Grizzly with the confidence that it is going to work.

To be clear, I am not sending you anything. Just checking that it fits and I will keep what I ordered as a spare part for my 9"x20" lathe. You will have to order your own from Grizzly.

Makes sense now?

Last edited:
What I understood was that you tried to get confirmation from Grizzly that the part would work but could not get them to provide more information than what was on their website.

What I am doing is ordering the part from Grizzly (order placed). I will compare it to the one on my lathe. Remove the old one, check fitment of the new one. I will share photos along the way so you can rest assure that it fits.

The whole effort is so that you can directly order the part from Grizzly with the confidence that it is going to work.

To be clear, I am not sending you anything. Just checking that it fits and I will keep what I ordered as a spare part for my 9"x20" lathe. You will have to order your own from Grizzly.

Makes sense now?
id be glad to take yur old one cuzz from what I got from the message was "they werent sure thier parts would fit on other brands,so dont know how you were able to order one .....

Last edited:
Back