McMaster Carr shipping cost

By the way... I'll add that McMaster Carr is a private company. No Wall Street stock issued here, so the damned Bean Counters are not welcomed. I can assure you that the day they go public ( God Forbid) .... We'd then be paying 35.00 shipping for a small order fitting in an envelope weighing 2 ounces.
Theres something to be said for a "Privately held", WELL RUN company. Wall Street's capitalism run amuck with corporate raiders just isn't a good thing for America IMO.
To my knowledge it's a family owned company. Goes public it would probably turn into a grainger

Fastenal has a store here but usually doesn't ever have what I need. They order it, get it in at their store in 4 or 5 days, charge full retail (if not more) and charge you freight to boot. And usually only sell in large quantitys. I can't see any advantage of driving the mile or so to their store.

I used to get a new McMaster catalogue (unsolicited) every year at the ski area but never used it. The on-line site is so good there wasn't much need for a paper copy.

I’ve used the local Fastneal but the customer service sucks. I was looking for fittings to fix a lube line on my mill. The counter guy said he wasn’t sure of the fitting size (metric) he would have the manager call me. That was 2 months ago still no call. I did find the fittings at a hyd shop in Charlotte.

We have a local fastener house that I use now. Much more customer oriented

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you spend to much time searching through it they will temporary ban you from viewing it.
Maybe they do that if you don't have an account with them or aren't logged on? I've spent hours roaming their site without impediment.

Maybe they do that if you don't have an account with them or aren't logged on? I've spent hours roaming their site without impediment.

I was logged into my account and I was making weekly purchases back then....

I read the M-C catalog like it was a good book. They have a lot of stuff I didn't even know existed. As for the lead screw, US postal service would be the way to go. Find out the weight and I'm guessing you could talk someone here into inquiring at the post office the shipping charges to you. Then all you have to do is send the helpful soul the appropriate amount to order and ship the screw to you. Enough extra for a pint or two might be in order................Bob

Back