McMaster Carr shipping cost

Fortis64

Registered
Registered
Hi guys, I have an old Fortis (clausing 100 clone) 12x24 lathe that I'm needing a new cross slide feedscrew and nut 1/2" 10 acme single start 12" long . Because it's an imperial machine from the 40's I'm have trouble sourcing one here in the UK . I've found what I'm needing at McMaster ,good price too . The shipping cost seems to be a bit vague . I've had silly prices in the past ,like $175 off another site . Can anyone give me a kind of ballpark price for McMaster to ship to Scotland in the UK . I've emailed McMaster about this to no reply .

Appreciate any help
Sean

Yeah McMaster Carr tells you how much shipping costs after they ship your order and charge your card.

Yeah, it’s annoying not knowing what you are looking at, but I have not been disappointed with the shipping charges on purchases I have made in the past. Actually the shipping is quit reasonably priced in my opinion.

Mcmaster's shipping prices have always been fair & is pretty much the only place that I don't worry about not being able to see the shipping costs during checkout.

However, unless I'm mistaken & things have changed, Mcmaster does not ship international (except for Canada).

There are overseas forwarders such as shipito.com where you sign up and get a “virtual” address like Bill Blogs, Unit 45673, 456 Smith Street, Sometown, California, USA that the vendor ships the good to, then the forwarder sends it on to you.

There are numerous other forwarders, shipito is the one I used to ship goods to Australia a few years back.

pete

I have never bought anything from them but wouldn't not showing a shipping cost be illegal? At that rate you are at their mercy and they could charge what ever they feel like at the time. I have never seen any sites I buy from not show shipping charges. Some times you have to get all the way to check out but it is listed so you can still bail out of the purchase if you wish. If that were the case many would be doing it just for charging what ever they want. Its bad enough that some times shipping is more than the cost of the item and this has happened to me because of wanting the item.

I’ll bet that McMaster will tell you the cost if you call. They are super helpful on the phone.

While I use McMaster without knowing shipping cost ahead of time, I am in the US. NO WAY I would trust them to have a reasonable international shipping cost without knowing it ahead of time. (or anyone else).

They are a great supplier but their shipping is not cheap even just across the border to Canada.

They are a great supplier but their shipping is not cheap even just across the border to Canada.

If they use USPS, the international postage rates are steep and the same for most countries. I have sent packages to UK and Australia. The rates were the same. Likely Canada same as other countries.

Back