Measure twice, cut once...

Another option would be to take an angle grinder and cut the apex of the V of the bottom four legs. You would then the have two tabs on the bottom of each leg. Bend the two tabs inward and then weld. I had a problem like yours and it was a bandsaw. I cut an inch off except this was tubing like I stated earlier.

Another option would be to take an angle grinder and cut the apex of the V of the bottom four legs. You would then the have two tabs on the bottom of each leg. Bend the two tabs inward and then weld. I had a problem like yours and it was a bandsaw. I cut an inch off except this was tubing like I stated earlier.

Yep, been there, done that....

I like this idea best, notch both ends and bend the tabs inward, you could even drill a hole through and bolt it up for a secure fit.

jjohn

I've got a couple of ideas swirling around in my head.

I'm hoping I can bend one of the legs. Part of my problem is it turns out one of the legs is slightly bent and that is the side I measured. On the far side from the photo, one leg actually has about 3/8" to spare, so if I can make the other leg match that would solve my issues.

I am glad I went with outriggers for the wheels though, I had initially planed on mounting the wheels inside the frame close to the edge. It is very stable the way it is, so if I need to I can raise the saw an inch or two and still be pretty solid. That might even put it at a better working height. I would not be comfortable doing that if the wheels were 8" closer together.

The saw weighs about 220lbs, so it is heavy enough to make it a pain to test fit (a big part of why I'm in this situation), but not too bad to move it around with some help.

Back