Meeting with a realtor tomorrow

WeI have 11 plus acres for the last 20 years, up near Virginia City, Nevada @ 6000" that we were going to build on, got a well but we stalled out on the project, coming up for sale soon;) Lots of wild horses too!

Good luck. Hope you find what you are looking for. Remember you may be able to move your prop. thirteen tax base with you under some circumstances. I see a 40 x40 shop with 12 foot ceilings in the future home. I can understand the cooped up feeling living in town. I always liked looking for property in the winter,because that is the time of year it will look it's worst.
Steve,
We were able to take advantage of prop 65 as I recall. Since we were displaced by the Camp Fire, our tax base was carried over from our Paradise property. It saved us about half of what it would have been.
I don't know how it would apply in this case??

Took my wife yesterday for hers. It's hard to get an appointment around here. I'm 64 in a few days, so not in the first push.
did you mix the companies? I had pfizer, and am thinking of moderna to cover the bases.
I'm sticking with Maderna.
I'm 64 now, there was no problem scheduling the booster.

I retired 2 years ago and fortunately we bought a house with land 37 years ago. We have deer, elk and turkeys that we see regularly. At 67 my prayer is that the good Lord let's me grow old and die living right here. Good luck to you!

Steve,
We were able to take advantage of prop 65 as I recall. Since we were displaced by the Camp Fire, our tax base was carried over from our Paradise property. It saved us about half of what it would have been.
I don't know how it would apply in this case??

There have been many amendments to prop 13, but there is an age exception for people over 55 allowing you to transfer your tax rate to a property of equal or less value. The idea is that people may need some changes in their home as they get older. Maybe a smaller house after the kids are gone, accessibility issues for limited mobility, need to be closer to family or services for health reasons etc.

Good luck on the search.

I had my Moderna booster last week. Started feeling funky in the evening, by 5 the following day I was feeling better and over it completely by the next morning. My wife got a full-dose Moderna booster before the official CDC authorization. She was down for 4-5 days, said it was like the worst flu she's had. Feeling bad is a good sign the body is responding to the perceived attack.

Here's a good take on the various vaccines and combinations.

We were talking this morning, getting our needs written out on a new home, upgrade I should say.
Part of our budget is determining what this house is worth.
We put $120,000 in this house!
Solar,
Roof
HVAC
Landscaping
Water filtration
Kitchen counters and backsplash

Things we don’t want to do at our next location.

If this place is $650,000 our budget for. An upgrade would be $825,000 Ish.
You would think that amount of money would get us a nice home with at least 3/4 acre, shop/garage, pool, 2,000 sq. Feet, ya da ya da.

We were talking this morning, getting our needs written out on a new home, upgrade I should say.
Part of our budget is determining what this house is worth.
We put $120,000 in this house!
Solar,
Roof
HVAC
Landscaping
Water filtration
Kitchen counters and backsplash

Things we don’t want to do at our next location.

If this place is $650,000 our budget for. An upgrade would be $825,000 Ish.
You would think that amount of money would get us a nice home with at least 3/4 acre, shop/garage, pool, 2,000 sq. Feet, ya da ya da.

Sell the house and move in with your son until after the impending market correction many have been predicting. :grin:

(I do think we are due for another housing market downturn but when is the million dollar question).

For what it is worth one of the dispatchers I work with in Willows just bought a place near Corning with a couple acres and a good size shop building for somewhere in the $400,000 range.

Congrats Jeff,
I am retiring at the end of this month (11/30/2021), submitted the papers on Wednesday. We will stay on the boat for a while. I plan to use the time to get some things done to make it easier to sell the boat. Up here large boats are selling pretty fast (2-4 weeks) and at pretty high prices. Hope it lasts.

Also during this time, we will be looking for our retirement home or property. I want a couple of acres, shop and reasonably sized home. The West Coast is insane with what they are asking for property and taxes. Been looking around a bit. Since I shoot F-Class, I would like to ensure that I end up close to at least one range where I can continue to compete. Other ranges in reasonable driving distance would be a plus.

Nice thing is we really are in no hurry. So we have the time to explore. We have decided against the South East or South West. Too hot and/or humid for us. Don't care for Idaho, prices are insane there right now and not a lot of inventory. We have been looking also at Eastern Oklahoma. You get a lot for your money but who knows.

We most definitely want to get in a place that provides us with a reasonable cushion around us, but not out in the sticks (too far from medical, and supplies).

Again, congrats on the move.

Back