Members' Tooling "Wish Lists"

Re: Members' Tooling "Wish Lists"

I really would like a Mitutoyo 8, 10 or 12" height gage. Preferably a digital or dial. (metric OK).
Starrett or Pratt Whitney machinists level. 6"?
Etalon 1 - 2" OD mic.
Machinists squares
6" Starrett combo square
Starrett sheet metal gages
Starrett 91a and 91b Tap wrench
B&S 1 2 3 block set
Good parallel set
Kant Twist clamps
Starrett 12" rule for comb. square
Bessey rite hite clamps
Interapid 312 B 1 indicator
Granite surface plate 12 x 12
Bridgeport mill w/ Var. speed control and DRO
Sensitive drill press
and a golden partridge on a money tree.

I'd like a rotary table and a vise to use with a 12x58 mill table. Tooling for and B&S arbors for, late teens maybe early 20's, Cincinnati no3 horizontal mill.

Tooling for 1954 J Head, round ram, Bridgeport.

Tooling and accessories for 1971 Craftsman 12x36 lathe

Tooling and accessories for 1942 South Bend 9c lathe

I'll pay the shipping.

Thanks for your generosity,
Mule

I find that the 4" 4 jaw chuck that came with my Clausing MK2 (6 by 24 ) lathe is not as convenient as I would wish. I would like to have a 4" 3 jaw (1" - 10 thread back) chuck, should someone desire to get rid of theirs. I live at tbredehoft at alink.com.

I'm thinking of building a drop hammer- wooden uprights, a malleable iron or bronze valve body as the hammer filled with shot for a deadblow effect. A lot of force in a small footprint and I should be able to scavenge most of the parts. There is a very large tilting t-slot table buried in debris nearby that could work as the anvil. It's been out in the weather for at least 20 years and is rusted solid, but heavy. Otherwise, a teleportation portal so I could step outside in San Francisco and be transported to a larger shop in rural Iowa...

My current list is short and simple: an axa qctp for my atlas 10f with tooling (cutoff, knurling, cutters, etc). Next would be simple things like an end mill cutter, dovetail cutter, center drills, jackobs tailstock chuck and mt3 arbour, follower rest, taper cutting jig, etc.

Funds are short and I have to build a stand for the lathe first so it all has to wait. The OEM raocker post will have to do for a while and keeping my eyes open for screaming deals is orders of the day.

A power hacksaw would also be nice. I may just build a tabletop style one. No money or room for a dedicated metal cutting band saw.

Hmmm... There are lots of tools and tooling I would LOVE to have in my shop... however space is going to be an issue soon.

SOOO....

IMO a larger shop is the big $$$ issue... which is probably a bit down the road.

My heating and AC business is doing well where I live... yet I do NOT want to retire here. A move to a few acres (prefer 11+) with a moderate sized ranch and 1000 ft (give or take) shop... would be really great! That is gonna be down the road a bit... as the heating and AC business is still the bread-winner.

I would like a reasonable priced Piston vice. I find that I am cutting valve pockets or reshaping pistons more often now that I can.

Back