H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Just one. A bigger bank account!

GA Gyro

Just one. A bigger bank account!

Yeah, I think that wraps it all up.

However some of the well to do customers I have... seem to have issues in their lives I am not sure I want to deal with.
Each side of life seems to have its challenges... I believe how we handle those challenges is more important.

RJSakowski

Yeah, I think that wraps it all up.

However some of the well to do customers I have... seem to have issues in their lives I am not sure I want to deal with.
Each side of life seems to have its challenges... I believe how we handle those challenges is more important.
I am quite content with my life. But when I go through the MSC catalog, I think I could easily spend a $100K, if not a million, on tools I would like to have. I don't buy the best available, because there are other needs in my tool budget and I realize that puts me at a disadvantage. That is the dilemma of a hobby machine shop.

My strategy is to populate my shop with enough enabling machinery and tools that will minimally allow me to complete the projects I have. In a way, that is good because it forces me to be creative in my solutions. I am fortunate in that a few years ago, I had the opportunity to purchase a new Tormach 770 with trimmings. Many of our fellow enthusiasts have much less to work with.
Actually, having retired a year and a half ago, I got on of the best tools ever; the time to play with my tools!

Silverbullet

Registered
Registered
My wish would be a few machines more a nice surface grinder, a tool and cutter grinder for endmills , a tig welder with all the supplies needed . An 8" or 10" rotary table would be nice.

jwest7788

Registered
Registered
Well I feel very lucky to have my own (little) machine shop at all! I'm really finding great pleasure in working with metal, making chips, and getting experience machining.

I wish my skin was a little tougher, as those chips are smoking hot. Haha

Like most beginners, I'm enamoured with all the accessories and tooling I am reading and hearing about, but mostly I wish to continue to grow into this new hobby!

One day a proper sized mill would be nice. For now I'll look forward to my next chip burn. (Maybe a shield to stop that. Lol)

kingmt01

Registered
Registered
Well I feel very lucky to have my own (little) machine shop at all! I'm really finding great pleasure in working with metal, making chips, and getting experience machining.

I wish my skin was a little tougher, as those chips are smoking hot. Haha

Like most beginners, I'm enamoured with all the accessories and tooling I am reading and hearing about, but mostly I wish to continue to grow into this new hobby!

One day a proper sized mill would be nice. For now I'll look forward to my next chip burn. (Maybe a shield to stop that. Lol)

I assume you mean chips from a mill. You could put a small plate on a piece of angle to set up in front of the flying chips. I keep meaning to get around to this but I just hold a plate up while the chips are flying my way. I usually through the big chips back towards the machine.

kd4gij

Active User
Registered
For my wish list. I tryed to post the MSC metal working cattalog but it said file to big. :dollars:

jwest7788

Registered
Registered
Yeah, The mill, also the lathe spits hot chips at me if I get my speeds and feeds off, haha.

Scruffy

Active User
Registered
I'm not much of a wisher but if I could get back to normal after my accident I would be happy.
Thanks ron

The Liberal Arts Garage

Active User
Me?.. I just want a three- jaw 1/2.-20 chuck------- you all know why.
Reasonably cheap,running out of cash......BLJHB. THANKS.

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock