Members' Tooling "Wish Lists"

Just one. A bigger bank account!

Just one. A bigger bank account!

Yeah, I think that wraps it all up.

However some of the well to do customers I have... seem to have issues in their lives I am not sure I want to deal with.
Each side of life seems to have its challenges... I believe how we handle those challenges is more important.

Yeah, I think that wraps it all up.

However some of the well to do customers I have... seem to have issues in their lives I am not sure I want to deal with.
Each side of life seems to have its challenges... I believe how we handle those challenges is more important.
I am quite content with my life. But when I go through the MSC catalog, I think I could easily spend a $100K, if not a million, on tools I would like to have. I don't buy the best available, because there are other needs in my tool budget and I realize that puts me at a disadvantage. That is the dilemma of a hobby machine shop.

My strategy is to populate my shop with enough enabling machinery and tools that will minimally allow me to complete the projects I have. In a way, that is good because it forces me to be creative in my solutions. I am fortunate in that a few years ago, I had the opportunity to purchase a new Tormach 770 with trimmings. Many of our fellow enthusiasts have much less to work with.
Actually, having retired a year and a half ago, I got on of the best tools ever; the time to play with my tools!

My wish would be a few machines more a nice surface grinder, a tool and cutter grinder for endmills , a tig welder with all the supplies needed . An 8" or 10" rotary table would be nice.

Well I feel very lucky to have my own (little) machine shop at all! I'm really finding great pleasure in working with metal, making chips, and getting experience machining.

I wish my skin was a little tougher, as those chips are smoking hot. Haha

Like most beginners, I'm enamoured with all the accessories and tooling I am reading and hearing about, but mostly I wish to continue to grow into this new hobby!

One day a proper sized mill would be nice. For now I'll look forward to my next chip burn. (Maybe a shield to stop that. Lol)

Well I feel very lucky to have my own (little) machine shop at all! I'm really finding great pleasure in working with metal, making chips, and getting experience machining.

I wish my skin was a little tougher, as those chips are smoking hot. Haha

Like most beginners, I'm enamoured with all the accessories and tooling I am reading and hearing about, but mostly I wish to continue to grow into this new hobby!

One day a proper sized mill would be nice. For now I'll look forward to my next chip burn. (Maybe a shield to stop that. Lol)

I assume you mean chips from a mill. You could put a small plate on a piece of angle to set up in front of the flying chips. I keep meaning to get around to this but I just hold a plate up while the chips are flying my way. I usually through the big chips back towards the machine.

For my wish list. I tryed to post the MSC metal working cattalog but it said file to big. :dollars:

Yeah, The mill, also the lathe spits hot chips at me if I get my speeds and feeds off, haha.

I'm not much of a wisher but if I could get back to normal after my accident I would be happy.
Thanks ron

Me?.. I just want a three- jaw 1/2.-20 chuck------- you all know why.
Reasonably cheap,running out of cash......BLJHB. THANKS.

Back