MENTEM 551

Hello and thanks for responding so quick. Your English is very good compared to my Swedish. I do not have a probe yet because I don't know what would be compatible. I would like to buy the Mitutoyo 519-521 lever probe if it works and is compatible. Also if I could find someone who sells the M916 or M917 probes they would be great for alignment testing. Australia has become a very difficult place to buy metrology equipment these days. There is no information I can find for the Metem 6 pin DIN connectors. I can reverse engineer the electronics but that will take some time and it's easier if I don't have to. The connectors look identical to your model 551 do you have any specifications for these?

Mitutoyo 519-521.jpg

Hello and thanks for responding so quick. Your English is very good compared to my Swedish. I do not have a probe yet because I don't know what would be compatible. I would like to buy the Mitutoyo 519-521 lever probe if it works and is compatible. Also if I could find someone who sells the M916 or M917 probes they would be great for alignment testing. Australia has become a very difficult place to buy metrology equipment these days. There is no information I can find for the Metem 6 pin DIN connectors. I can reverse engineer the electronics but that will take some time and it's easier if I don't have to. The connectors look identical to your model 551 do you have any specifications for these?

I'll try to remember to call tomorrow. (Send a reminder if you do not get a reply tomorrow my memory is not the best) Test indicator is not common here in Sweden Europe !. I think I have some probs that I do not use. but it's the usual indcators
Regards Robert Fernström

Hello Robert, Thanks for you effort and help. I got some good leads in my search for suitable probes, https://johnfsworkshop.org/ gave me some good details about the probe connection pins and pointed me to a company called Mahr that has suitable probes. They especially have a lever probe of the type I need as well as straight cylindrical probes. Another lead was jan.karlsson@hexagon.com from TESA Scandinavia who mentioned that METEM is now a Solartron brand and that their probes can also be used. I have posted this information so that any others with similar needs can maybe get some help. Thank you for the initial post because otherwise I would be at a dead end for some time. Great work.

Back