Mentor needed as well as help on a school project!

The original bill of materials has been uploaded to the project thread repository with the original part drawings, materials are listed in german I will make an english translation for easier use in the future

Ok, I downloaded 408 files. 129 of them are PDFs. All the PDFs appear to be drawings.

Every file is named by number. Which file is the Bill of Materials?

By the way. I've been looking over some of the parts we'll be making. These parts may require some fancy techniques. As interested as I am in this project, some of these parts may stump me on how to make them. I never claimed to be able to actually build this thing. :grin:

I typically find a way to do most things. There are always tricks to be learned. This will be a great learning process for me as well. Figuring out how to make some of these parts will be a real challenge. Hopefully we can pull it off. Like I say, with the aid of your project thread I'm sure we'll get some brilliant suggestions from the machinists on The Hobby Machinists forum. We'll get her done. :grin:

You may need to do some milling, but as I said before, you can actually mill using a lathe. You'll just need to set up a nice vice on your lathe table. And you may need a vice that has x-y capability. But we can cross that bridge when we get to it. You can actually build a small x-y vice pretty easily. In fact, I watched a YouTube video not long ago where someone did just that for milling on a mini lathe. I'll see if I can find that video. It was an easy vice to build.

The original drawings are in a zip file in the original drawings folder in the repository, the bill of materials is included in the zip file
Im about to upload the wip english BOM, ive also tagged the BOM to this post.

Attachments

• Bill_of_material_Curta_1.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 6
This is only the resources for the first 12 parts in the BOM i will finish the rest and update it

Attachments

• Materials List English WIP.docx
    12.2 KB · Views: 3
Updated for the first 32 parts

Attachments

• Materials List English WIP.docx
    12.8 KB · Views: 3
Back