mentor wanted - orlando / cocoa, florida

geckoejon

Registered
Registered
hello,

i am looking for an experienced machinist locally that would be willing to share some knowledge and show a newby the ropes to some extent.

i am seriously researching getting my first router or cnc machine. i would like to be able to fabricate parts of wood / metal, etch acrylic / metal, and 2d / 3d wood.

i am probably going to take a cad class locally, but it is always nice to have someone that is willing to share some hands on experience.

little about myself... i went through a 5 yr apprenticeship for hvacr, and have been a journeyman service tech for commercial and industrial sites for about 8 yrs. i am fairly mechanically inclined, have half a brain, and love to work on equipment. i think being able to do the kind of machining listed above in my own garage would be the best thing since sliced bread :) i always like something to work on, and it might even end up paying me back some.

if you are possibly interested in sharing some knowledge, feel free to respond on here or email me at geckoejon@yahoo.com

thanks!
jonathan

I am no mentor but I'll help anyway I can. I go to school for machining/cad, I work in a place that use the mill and lathe on a regular and I have a bridgport and a lathe at the house. I have experience in everything from suspionsion design and fabrication to building small engines to re cutting v8 heads

Again, I am no machinist I am no welder, I aint even a fabricator. But I have some skills to share if one wants to learn them and I am positive you have some to share as well

I am no mentor but I'll help anyway I can. I go to school for machining/cad, I work in a place that use the mill and lathe on a regular and I have a bridgport and a lathe at the house. I have experience in everything from suspionsion design and fabrication to building small engines to re cutting v8 heads

Again, I am no machinist I am no welder, I aint even a fabricator. But I have some skills to share if one wants to learn them and I am positive you have some to share as well

sounds good! appreciate the offer. i would appreciate the opportunity to take a look at your machines first hand and ask a bunch of questions. sending pm...

Most anyones welcome around here man. I have just enough tools to make you think you can do it all ahaha

Back