Mery Lathemas to me, Mery Lathemas to me! (Tool gloat)

Checking Craigslist on my lunch break, I noticed the add. It was posted at I think, 11:45am, and I called at about 12:15. I was the first caller. Went to see it that night, and after seeing it run, put down a deposit. I had been on the lookout for a Hardinge or Monarch for a while, but was loosing heart with all the waiting. I had almost given up and purchased an import lathe when this popped up. Quite happy with it.

She is a 1956 model. The machine is so clean because the guy I purchased it had spent the past few years fixing it up, and then, just when he got it back together, I guess he decided that he didn't want two lathes (he also had a Hardinge).

Lathemas is a real thing?????:rofl:

Does it occur once a year or is it kinda like the Olympics or Leap Year??

:thinking: , it seems to me that i'm due a lot of past Lathemas gifts.

Does Lathemas have (a) patron Saint(s)????

Do we hang long strands of stainless swarf around the windows and doors???

Do we hang shop aprons and stuff the pockets with tooling and measuring equipment??

DMS:man:,i like your idea and i like your thinking

the lathe is absolutely pristine ....
:yousuck3:

mike:))

I find that delrin swarf is the most festive. It has a springy, jovial quality that just makes you smile (unless it's wrapped around your chuck, then it makes you curse).

DECK THE HALLS WITH SWARF OF DELRIN, FALALALALA LA LALA ... oh alright, I'll stop.

Unfortunately Lathemas doesn't occur on a fixed schedule. It's different for everyone. You only know it's happening when you check the FS adds and find "IT".

Back