Messy work bench....

I have just one photo of my bench. Taken when I was troubleshooting a new idea........... electronics. Other than that all I can say is that the following could easily be re-interpreted from "desk" to "bench."

A neat desk is the sign of a sick mind.

That'll do for now... Need to rearrange the electrical there, and eventually the hanging tools will become a bit more reasonable. I took all the fasteners out of the red wall bins and need to get rid of a whole pile of stuff there. Need to buy some Rubbermaid bins and create a sorting system to utilize all the shelves I built on other walls. I sorted all my fasteners into organizers. Time to go to work.
IMG_20180416_112926.jpg
IMG_20180416_112932.jpg
IMG_20180416_113300.jpg

Nice shop!
Looks like a lifetime of adjusting to get just right.

Thanks
Years ago, while working on a project, I got tired of spending too much time looking for a tool and things getting lost on the bench. I decided to clean it up and organize the shop, and I've kept it that way ever since. I did spend 30 years getting it just right. It took that long because every time I buy a another big tool/machine, the whole shop has to be re-arranged. I pretty well got all I need now.

Thanks
Years ago, while working on a project, I got tired of spending too much time looking for a tool and things getting lost on the bench. I decided to clean it up and organize the shop, and I've kept it that way ever since. I did spend 30 years getting it just right. It took that long because every time I buy a another big tool/machine, the whole shop has to be re-arranged. I pretty well got all I need now.
Nice and cozy.

I took pictures of my very messy shop..it's bad..gonna clean up some then take some more pictures.hopefully it will look better.

Okay, some progress made. Two Lista cabinets turned up that were the right height for my work bench. So it got cleared and then I sanded off the last 10yrs of abuse since the last refinish.15258207806731061913717.jpg

Till later

Mark

woodchucker,
My friends start a pool every time I clean my shop to see how long it will last. I'm like a drunk falling off the wagon. My current excuse is I need to get to a gun show to sell off years of brass, ammo, scopes, parts, ad infinitum that are eating up a lot of space. My model boats are filling all of the other hiding places. I'm tempted to rent a storage unit to get stuff that I plan to sell, out and then whittle the pile down from there (using the cost as a motivator). I'm at a point I want to streamline what I own and eliminate all of the clutter.

Mark
Mark
The problem with renting a storage is you have more empty space to put more junk.
Nelson

But they say one mans junk is an others treasures

Back