Metal cutting bandsaw.

Very interesting read. I,m in the very slow process of making a 19 teens hundred horizontal mill into something that is usable.
I,m not restoring this,I want it usable. It was a line shaft machine ,converted to electric very poorly.
Here’s my plan make a mirror image step pulley to give me 4 speed choices. Still way to fast ???? So I,m using a 5 speed motorcycle transmission .
Motor to trans to first set of step pulleys, yep I,m nuts with to much time.
Mill is a b&s
Thanks Ron in ohio

Still turns in the same direction, but the teeth are pointing up instead of down. Less chance of grabbing on thin stock.

I have a vintage Craftsman bandsaw that I plan to use to cut metal. I was planning on using a 1.5hp DC treadmill motor and my KB Electronics pwm chassis to have variable speed and torque at low speeds.

Sounds like a good plan.

Check your local on-line classified ads for treadmills. Some are offered for free, others $50 or less. Get one with a rotary or slider potentiometer to control speed. The ones where you have to repeatedly tap a button to change speeds will drive you crazy. You can get a good stock of various materials when you take a treadmill apart. I've used the belt for things like way covers and car floor mats.

Back