Metal in west Durham NC area?

dsiddens

Registered
Registered
New to the lathe. Looking for information on where to obtain metal, salvage or new, in the Hillsborough NC or west Durham NC area.

Make friends with a local machine shop and ask if they’ll sell their drops. It’s nice to know what you’re working with sometimes, McMaster-Carr isn’t the cheapest but they have almost anything and ship quick.

Lots of internet sites too.

Craigslist free is another source, old printers have some really nice parts or anything else you can take apart.

John

Btw, nice boat

welcome

Hi neighbor :) Also in Hillsborough, NC.

There's J&D Recyclers in Durham. Seemed a little crazy there, just looked around. Will go back later.

And Metal Supermarkets, was in Raleigh but recently moved to Durham near RDU airport.
I just went to Metal Supermarket a week or so back to check it out. I knew I was good when they asked, "You're new, want to see in back?"
They showed me around and pointed out their "cutoff stacks". Was in metal heaven. Nice people there. They don't care if you are a hobbyist getting small quantities or contractor getting a bulk order.

try "metal supermarket" Note: Metal Supermarkets Raleigh is now at a new, larger facility! We're located at: 2310 Presidential Dr. #106, Durham, NC 27703

None of the recyclers around here will sell metal. Let me know if you find one in Durham that does.

None of the recyclers around here will sell metal. Let me know if you find one in Durham that does.
Foils in Harrisburg used to. I went there all the time.

Reactions: rwm
Back