Metal lathe, Mcminnville, OR

alloy

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Sorry to be so vague in the title of my post, but that's all I know about it other than he says it works and has a buck chuck. Price is $600. Seems like a great deal, but someone would have to look at it to see if it's worth buying.

Screenshot_20191106-063404_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20191106-063352_Facebook.jpg

alloy

I'm glad you recognized it. I knew it looked like a Clausing, but wasn't sure.

If I didn't have a lathe that does everything I need I'd be on my way to look at it for that price.

Nogoingback

It won't last long at 600 bucks.

MikeInOr

Registered
Registered
Oh man it is hard to convince myself that I don't need another lathe! I just have to keep telling myself it could just be another can of worms and I don't need another project! I see "Model 2649" but that doesn't turn up much in a google search. I wonder what size that lathe is?

alloy

No it won't last long. He has no clue what he has.

Before I posted it I had to talk myself out of leaving work and going to get it.

The biggest problem is loading it. Probably have to rent a fork lift. When I sold my VMC I had to wait weeks for a forklift to become available.

Last edited:

alloy

I'm surprised after 1800 views its still there.

But, he could be like others and not take the ad down after it has sold.

I'm trying to not think about it. I know how great deal it is if it's not totally destroyed. And that's more than likely 3 phase machine. So they have to get power to it somehow and I'd bet whatever they are using to power it would probably be included with the lathe.

alloy

It's gone.

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock