Metal lathe, Mcminnville, OR

alloy

Dan, Retired old fart
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Sorry to be so vague in the title of my post, but that's all I know about it other than he says it works and has a buck chuck. Price is $600. Seems like a great deal, but someone would have to look at it to see if it's worth buying.

Screenshot_20191106-063404_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20191106-063352_Facebook.jpg

It\s a Colchester Triumph 2000, Clausing Colchester clone. AKA American Turn Master and a few other knock offs.

I'm glad you recognized it. I knew it looked like a Clausing, but wasn't sure.

If I didn't have a lathe that does everything I need I'd be on my way to look at it for that price.

Oh man it is hard to convince myself that I don't need another lathe! I just have to keep telling myself it could just be another can of worms and I don't need another project! I see "Model 2649" but that doesn't turn up much in a google search. I wonder what size that lathe is?

No it won't last long. He has no clue what he has.

Before I posted it I had to talk myself out of leaving work and going to get it.

The biggest problem is loading it. Probably have to rent a fork lift. When I sold my VMC I had to wait weeks for a forklift to become available.

Last edited:
I'm surprised after 1800 views its still there.

But, he could be like others and not take the ad down after it has sold.

I'm trying to not think about it. I know how great deal it is if it's not totally destroyed. And that's more than likely 3 phase machine. So they have to get power to it somehow and I'd bet whatever they are using to power it would probably be included with the lathe.

Back