Metalworking Clubs & Groups -- Enter your group here!

HMF

Site Founder
Administrator
Metalworking Clubs
Bay Area Engine ModelersA group of enthusiasts who make, discuss and share information on collecting and building miniature engines.
San Francisco Bay area, California
Central NY Home Shop Machinist GroupThe CNYHSMG is an organization where home shop machinists, model engineers, and metal crafters can get together and discuss all aspects of hobby metalworking.
Syracuse area, New York
Chesapeake Area Metalworking Society (CAMS)For people interested in metalworking in the Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD areas.
Washington, DC and Baltimore, Maryland
Colorado Model Engineering SocietyA loose association of people sharing the same interest in things primarily machined of metal including, but not limited to model engines of all kinds, clocks, antique cannons/guns, machine shop machinery, electrical/electronic, tools, and methods.
The Colorado Front Range, Fort Collins to Pueblo, and the rest of Colorado
Connecticut HSM GroupTHe CTHSM group is congenial and freewheeling: no rules, no dues, just people getting together to learn new techniques plus share thoughts on machining and other topics that arise.
Connecticut
Connecticut Robotics Society (CRS)CRS is an informal group of hobbyists, experimenters, and robot builders who meet monthly. Our membership is a diverse group composed of people with many different backgrounds and experience levels. Our interests include, but are not limited to, electronics, mechanics, fun, and the science related to automation and homebuilt robotics.
West Hartford, Connecticut
DenverCNC ClubAn informal group from professional to hobbyist interested in making CNC machines and using them. Come join us for a hands-on learning experience and exchange of ideas.
Denver, Colorado
Frontenac Society of Model Engineers Inc. (FSME)Our mission is to foster an appreciation of and continue the knowledge of machinery, transport and equipment, from the industrial revolution to the present day. This is typically achieved by recreating, in miniature, working or non-working models of any kind of machinery or transport item, be they powered by steam, internal combustion, electricity, or other means.
Kingston, Ontario
Home Metal Shop ClubThe purpose of the Home Metal Shop Club is to provide an opportunity for the exchange of ideas, the sharing of resources, and instruction in metal machining among its members. Experienced and novice members learn from one another.
Houston, Texas
Metro Detroit Metalworking ClubThe MDMC is a diverse group of people interested in metal working of all kinds. Member projects include building machine tooling, miniature engines, experimental aircraft, scratch built cars, scale railroad and metal furniture.
Warren, Michigan
New England Model Engineering Society (NEMES)A group for those who enjoy metal working and machining.
Waltham, Massachusetts
North American Model Engineering Society (NAMES)The purpose of the North American Model Engineering Society (NAMES) is to encourage the hobby of precision model engineering. They do this by sponsoring the annual NAMES Model Engineering Exposition in April.
Detroit, Michigan
Portland Machinist GuildThe Portland Machinist Guild is a group of folks interested in metalworking who get together once a month with like-minded members from the mid-Michigan area.
Mulliken, Michigan
Portland Model EngineersPME is a community of people in northwestern Oregon and southwestern Washington who enjoy all aspects of metalworking as a recreation. The "Model Engineering" in our name includes small scale internal and external combustion engines, model aircraft, military and maritime models, miniature locomotives (weighing up to hundreds of pounds!) and much more.
Portland, Oregon
Southern California Home Shop Machinists (SCHSM )SCHSM is a group of home shop machinists who associate to share our knowledge and experience with each other, to admire each other's work, exchange ideas, information, techniques, and sources of tools and supplies, to consider cooperative buys of equipment, to visit local suppliers to learn about their products and processes, and to have fun with a bunch of people who understand our hobby.
Torrance, California
Toronto Society of Model Engineers (TSME)TSME meets and welcomes visitors at our monthly meetings from September to June.
Toronto, Ontario
Upstate New York Home Shop MetalworkersTopics of interest include welding, machine shop, live steam, stationary steam engines, scaled hit-N- Miss engines, model making, foundry/metal casting, car restoration, and collecting antique machine tools.
Schenectady, New York

Any body know of a group or club near NW Indiana/ Chicago area? 46368/ Portage,IN.Mark

machine shop clubs are plenty in the other states , BUT not in KY, do I start one that would be close-by or MOVE

There is one here on this site (group) from East Tennessee, and we have a facebook site.

I see the Portland Model Engineers listed. There are two more clubs in the Willamette valley (Oregon) that I am a member of. The Emerald Valley Model Engineers (EVME) and The Central Valley Model Engineers (CVME). EVME is based in the Eugene area and CVME is based in the Albany Corvallis area. Dues are $10.00 a year and meetings are held in members shops. CVME is actively promoting new members right now so dues are suspended for the year. EVME is working on some projects to sell. Anybody that wants more information can contact me and I will try to help you out.

Curious... Is there a page to start a group?
Thinking to start N GA & Metro Atlanta Hobby Machinists group...

I see the Portland Model Engineers listed. There are two more clubs in the Willamette valley (Oregon) that I am a member of. The Emerald Valley Model Engineers (EVME) and The Central Valley Model Engineers (CVME). EVME is based in the Eugene area and CVME is based in the Albany Corvallis area. Dues are $10.00 a year and meetings are held in members shops. CVME is actively promoting new members right now so dues are suspended for the year. EVME is working on some projects to sell. Anybody that wants more information can contact me and I will try to help you out.
I misspoke myself in this post. I referred to CVME it is actually MVME (Mid Valley Model Engineers) and their website is www.midvalleymodelengineers.com. Sorry for the confusion.

Here's a group I started sometime ago, mainly metalwork, but other stuff also.

Back