Metric dials for G0768

vincent52100

Registered
Registered
Good evening. I know it’s a crazy question but is there somewhere to get metric dials for my G0768. I bet no one else has tried to do that. This is another “just because I want to question”
I’ve contacted Grizzly and haven’t heard back yet.
Thanks

Use a calculator.

metric(mm) = imperial(inch) × 25.4
imperial(inch) = metric(mm) / 25.4

My mistake. I thought the feed screw was metric and they made the correction on the dial. Thanks!

The imperial threads on my G0730 Y axis (the short one) were obviously cut on a metric lead screw lathe as the move the table 0.999,4 when the dial calls for 1.000. The X-axis and Z axis are spot on.

Learn to multiply and divide by 25.4 any you can use either kind of machine tool.

The fact that your leadscrew causes .9994 when the dial says 1.000 does not indicate the master leadscrew was metric. The conversion from metric ti inch and vice versa will be exact provided there is a 127 tooth gear in the gear train. Most likely the .0006 difference is due to your inability to move the dial exactly 1.000 and /or a tiny bit of backlash in the leadscrew or in the dial indicator you used to measure travel.

On my 9x20 I wanted to change the cross slide to metric.
I made an M10x1 lead screw, also extended its travel, made a new dial with 100 divisions and just for kicks added a vernier to it.
Most bits are from here

Back