Metric Elbows

mickri

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I am swapping a Toyota 3TC engine and 5 speed transmission into a 1966 MG Midget.

I have ran into a snag. A wench in the works so to speak. Unless I want to open up even more of the passenger footwell the hose coming off the slave cylinder just won't bend enough to clear and would rub on the side of the footwell.

IMG_3664.JPG

IMG_3665.JPG

I have been looking for a 90 degree elbow so the hose would point towards the front of the car instead of off to the side. The threads on the slave are 1.00mm x 10mm. I would need a male end to screw into the slave and a female end for the hose to screw into. I have searched for hours online and found only one company in China that makes one. They claim to have distributors worldwide but don't identify their distributors. Summit racing has a "T" fitting with all female threads which might work and Summit also has a 90 elbow with a 1.00 mm x 10 mm male end and a 3/8 female pipe thread.

I could buy a chunk of brass or aluminum and make one. I also have steel on hand that I could make one out of too. Before going to that trouble to make one I thought you guys might know where I could buy one.

Suggestions please.

Might have found a solution using a banjo fitting to hose. Also found one store in Fresno that can make up what I need. Might be something closer because Fresno is a 100 mile round trip. I rarely go there.

I am swapping a Toyota 3TC engine and 5 speed transmission into a 1966 MG Midget.

I have ran into a snag. A wench in the works so to speak. Unless I want to open up even more of the passenger footwell the hose coming off the slave cylinder just won't bend enough to clear and would rub on the side of the footwell.

I have been looking for a 90 degree elbow so the hose would point towards the front of the car instead of off to the side. The threads on the slave are 1.00mm x 10mm. I would need a male end to screw into the slave and a female end for the hose to screw into. I have searched for hours online and found only one company in China that makes one. They claim to have distributors worldwide but don't identify their distributors. Summit racing has a "T" fitting with all female threads which might work and Summit also has a 90 elbow with a 1.00 mm x 10 mm male end and a 3/8 female pipe thread.

I could buy a chunk of brass or aluminum and make one. I also have steel on hand that I could make one out of too. Before going to that trouble to make one I thought you guys might know where I could buy one.

===============================================================
Is this what you are looking for ??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Metric-Fit...840d399c:g:bkoAAOSwjLtbWXJp:rk:4:pf:0&vxp=mtr

That's what I was looking for. I stopped into my local Napa store today and they can make up any type of hydraulic hose that I need. I will try the ebay elbow first.

I made something similar years ago restoring an old jeep. I found the bolt that would fit, drilled a hole in it, then silver (15%) brazed the short section of tube onto it.

Modest machining skills and silver BRAZE are your friends. Over the years I've made up any number of ersatz or fittings I didn't have on hand with both soft solder and silver braze. They all worked very well and lasted a long time............Bob

I have order the fitting off Ebay. Will get it next week.

Back