Metric T-slot Hold Down Set Review- Northwestern Tools

mikey

Platinum
Staff member
Rest In Peace
I recently bought a little Yuasa 6" rotary table and needed a 10mm T-slot hold down set for it. I looked hard and was pressed to find something that fit and was reasonably priced. All the higher end usual suspects, like Te-Co, were really expensive. Then I stumbled upon a set from Northwestern Tools. These are made in the USA and priced really nicely.

IMG_5449.JPG

The set I ordered was set #40506. It has a T-slot cleaner, 4 studs in 6 lengths, 4 flange nuts, 4 coupling nuts and 6 T-nuts in the 10mm size. Here is the link to the set I bought: http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Nut-Stud-Set-10-Table-Slot-M8-x-1-25-Studs-Northwestern-40506-US-Made/262293471112?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

This is a very nice set. The machining on all pieces is clean and all are black oxide coated. The T-nuts fit my table slots perfectly and I am totally satisfied with the entire set. I also own a Te-Co set for my mill table and these tools from Northwestern are on the same level of quality, at least in my estimation.

IMG_5452.JPG IMG_5451.JPG

Northwestern Tools has all sort of sets in metric and Imperial to fit just about any mill or accessory table. I have only this one set so I cannot say what their other sets look like but I suspect you will find them to be at the same level.

Shipping for my set was initially more than the tools themselves. I emailed the seller and he arranged to send it by UPS Ground for much less. This tells me that their customers are important and says a lot about them.

If you're looking for quality at a fair price, check Northwestern Tools. I am impressed, not just by the tools but by their supportive attitude. I never heard of Northwestern before but if I need another hold down set, I will check them first.

Mike

Last edited:
Good stuff from these guys. I bought a large set with 5/8" studs and all of the clamps with it. Nice set. Years later, let it go with the machine when I sold it.

Back