Microlux 7x14 Mini Lathe Motor Controller Problems

I agree about checking for problems outside of the board. But if none are found it could then be a problem in the board that is not so easily detectable without proper instruments and knowledge.

I agree about checking for problems outside of the board. But if none are found it could then be a problem in the board that is not so easily detectable without proper instruments and knowledge.
Based on the damage done to the board in the scorched area I suspect that a board replacement is needed and you're exactly right about needing knowledge and proper instruments. I don't know how much of either the OP has.

I agree with Bill and Steve on their remarks. Replacing the board would be the best way to go, especially since you don't have a schematic and proper test equipment. I've worked in electronic trouble shooting over 40 years. You learn early that when ever you replace a component, you check the surrounding circuitry especially with high power equipment such as amps and motor controllers. Even so after the parts have been replaced, let it run first at low power and then at normal power with test monitoring equipment. I apologize for not making this clearer on my previous post.

Back