Midwest Steel Supply

My Midwest order arrived today which is almost exactly 2 weeks. Packaged very nicely.

I will use them again in the future because of their pricing and customized sizes, but I will need to plan in advance.

Been two weeks since I placed my order. Got prompt confirmation of the order but no notice of shipping. Devils4ever did you get an email when your order was shipped?

I did get a tracking number after emailing them about the status of my order. However, it still took days before it actually shipped.

I put in an order with them on Oct.28th, received it Nov.14th, I did get a tracking number on Nov. 6th. So figure 1 week to process the order and probably 10 days once it is being prepared to ship to the time you get it. Shipping has been especially slow these days, but understandable given the increased volume of packages.

Like I said earlier, I will use them again since they have good prices and custom cut to size. Patience is needed. I placed another order a week ago and have not received any info on shipping.

I have found that Midwest has a broader selection of many items. For example, I recently put together two drill presses using magnetic drills. I needed some 2 3/4" OD DOM steel tubing for the columns. On-Line Metals had only one wall thickness (.25"), but Midwest had five wall thicknesses, and it was cheaper. Midwest has 1/2" cold roll flat bar up to 12" wide. On-Line only has it up to 6" wide.

The wait period for Midwest is irritating, though. I guess I would compare it to a decision to go to a Seven-Eleven for a loaf of bread, but to a grocery store for a cart full of food.

Shipping info just received. Not yet shipped but have a tracking number.

My Midwest order arrived today. 15 days from order to deliver. Excellent packaging. Much better packaging than any of the other places I have bought from.

According to the tracking number, my order still hasn't shipped. It is now over 2 weeks.

Back