Might be moving Will need a shop

Didn't get as much done this morning before it got too hot as I wanted to. Major chore today was to put the roofing felt on and the install the drip edge. Then I couldn't help myself. I had to put some stuff in the shed so I could get to the boards that I will cut for the trim. One thing led to another and I was moving the machines that go in the shed from the garage to the shed. Then I cleaned up the greenbelt next to the shed and set the fence panel that will go between the shed and the garage in place. The fence panel will get cut down to fit. Trim and loose ends can wait for tomorrow.

IMG_4183.JPG IMG_4186.JPG

IMG_4185.JPG

You rock Chuck! I wish I could get a fraction of what you seem to punch out done!

Looks good.

Looking good, did you get the HOA's approval on the color of the shingles? Can you use shingles in your area for that slope?

The HOA approved the color of the shingles. The shingles will be sierra grey. I am getting the shingles from Home Depot. They have the best price. Nobody else is even close to HD's price. I will have to get a day laborer to load the shingles on the roof. There is only one company that offers to load shingles on the roof in this area. Their cost is double HD's cost. I will be reroofing the house with the same shingles.

I can use shingles in this area. It gets cold in the winter but rarely ever snows. Maybe once every decade or so. And then it is gone as soon as the sun comes out. Doesn't rain much either. Average rainfall is 10" to 15" per year.

First coat of paint on Monday. Tomorrow I will install the corner trim pieces. I wanted to have paint under them to help seal the wood siding in the corners. Then the 2nd and hopefully final coat of paint. Moved the radial arm saw into the shed and some other stuff. Cleaned more stuff out of covered patio. Some went into the trash. Wood scraps were set aside for kindling for the wood stove.

IMG_4187.JPG

Forgot to post this Monday evening.

Last edited:
Back at it today. Got the corner trim pieces on and most of the second coat of paint on. Had to stop painting when the wind came up. I was using my sprayer to paint the grooves and under the eaves. The paint was just getting blown away. Only have a small section left under the eaves. Nailed the fence panel in place that went between the garage and the shed. Tomorrow finish the paint in the morning and then make the gate and fill in a small section of fencing. The backyard will be all fenced in.

IMG_4192.JPG

I am already running out of room in the shed and am considering a small metal garden shed in the back corner of the yard. Will it ever end? Doubtful.

I case you have been wondering what about the typical side yard, the tract where I live is built on a zero lot line concept. The house is built on one lot line and there is a 10' wide side yard on the other lot line. This allows boat, trailer, RV, etc. access to the backyard to store the toys.

Back