Might have scored (Victor 1660)

killswitch505

Registered
Registered
A buddy of mine has been looking for a mill. I’ve been keeping an eye out for him. A “drill press” popped up it was picture of a really nice J head The price was set at $1. I noticed the same seller had a victor 1660 listed for a buck also. I sent the guy a message inquiring about it he couldn’t tell me much just that he bought the property and this was in a storage building along with the “drill press”. Long story short my buddy picked up the Bridgeport for 800 bucks!!!!!!! There isn’t a single ding on the mill!!!! Just a bit of surface rust no pitting (god bless west Texas weather). I got the victor for 1500 bucks. My only issue is the bent the shaft on the apron handwheel and it’s missing the crossslide hand wheel. I’m not sure how big of a deal the shaft will be to repair it. still travels smoothly.
8880A1D4-0B48-4D3A-90C5-17B7F23F774B.jpeg
BB1AA5A7-E51A-4D85-AF85-31A247082463.jpeg

Wow! Steal of the year that is! Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidR8, I sure hope so!!!! I’m rolled through all the gears by hand everything seems to be in working order. We’re crazy busy at work right now I hope to tear into it next week!

Looks like maybe someone backed into it with a truck or forklift; if it had fallen on it's face there would have been more damage- great score! Should clean up nicely.
-Mark

Last edited:
looks like she has the 88mm bore, D1-8 spindle
she is very similar to my 2040
I’ve not pulled the chuck off or measured the bore yet the literature I’ve seen (online) said D1-6 and mt3 I’m going to have to order new centers and a 4 jaw.... my 1440 Is D1-4 and mt3 and a dang DRO is looking like a grand

Looks like maybe someone backed into it with a truck or forklift; if it had fallen on it's face there would have been more damage- great score! Should clean up nicely.
-Mark
I believe that’s exactly what happened I can’t find any other signs of abuse on it.

Back