Might have scored (Victor 1660)

Never ceases to amaze me that something dropped, crashed, thrown, or otherwise violently impacted will result in such a graceful bend yet if you tried to do it on purpose it’d look like a dog’s hind leg!

Almost looks like a separate extension piece on it already — cut the offending part off and thread a new one on?

-frank

Is the gear integral to the part? If not, I'd suggest just turning a new one. It isn't a particularly complicated part. That is, if you have a second lathe to fix it with :)

Never ceases to amaze me that something dropped, crashed, thrown, or otherwise violently impacted will result in such a graceful bend yet if you tried to do it on purpose it’d look like a dog’s hind leg!

Almost looks like a separate extension piece on it already — cut the offending part off and thread a new one on?

-frank

I seriously thought “wow that’s such a smooth curve I couldn’t do that if I tried

I've got the same lathe at work, mine is D1-6 spindle nose and MT4 in the tailstock...…...let me know if you need any information.

I've got the same lathe at work, mine is D1-6 spindle nose and MT4 in the tailstock...…...let me know if you need any information.
Thank you!!!!! Luckily everything has been fairly easy. I’m having a bit of an issue with the dial on the cross slide and the tail stock the set screws seemed to have backed off and they freely turn on the shafts I can’t seem to get them separated to get to the dang set screws.

So I’ve Dro install question. On the rear side of the cross slide I have a set screw to lock it. There isn’t anything on the front side of the cross side. My dilemma is I think I’ll want to add a follow rest at some point. My question is how often do y’all lock the cross slide versus how often do you need a follow rest. The majority of the work done on this lathe will be gun smithing, Barrel profiling, chambering and the likes. Any input would be greatly appreciated 4C9D8E13-FED7-4659-A513-FDBDB67FDFD9.jpeg36556C93-9320-4C7E-B463-06789650FCF0.jpeg

Back