Mill vise mounted to swivel Base?

I tried some of my clamping kit T/bolt/nut but that assembly was too high for the swivel of the mill vise. The mill vise would move about 15-20 degrees before it hit the nut

Shorten your bolts ! ;)

Or buy some cap screws that fit your t-nuts and are short enough to not bottom out in the nut.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I will look at my height that is available and get the appropriate pieces today.....stay tuned....

Decided I could cut down a couple of my threaded rods that came with my clamping kit I got from PM. I also had to cut down the nuts top just a hair. Since my mill and the lathe don’t have power yet, I used my bench drill press and my die grinder. It isn’t as pretty as it could be but looks good enough. A little paint and the pieces look good as new.

I saw where another forum member bought some neoprene on eBay, https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEOPRENE-R...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649 , it was $15.75. I thought that was cheap insurance for the bed. I have a couple of aluminum plates that I can put on top of the neoprene that makes that area a bit bigger.

9FCC3F8A-EC06-48D8-8C01-04BD8E6B1411.jpeg

8DB4D28F-B058-42CC-A480-CD6FA2C8D4FF.jpeg

844EEBED-D757-4F31-B4A3-555941DA604C.jpeg

... Make sure you hold onto your nuts securely lest you lose them, then the wife will ask you what you are looking for and when you answer that you are looking for your nuts that conversation usually gets you nowhere...
She'll probably say, "I know that's not true because I've got them right here in my pocket..."

Back